Pages

Friday 14 April 2017

Stunning book style wedding or memory box



Ok so I have to admit the retirement list caught me out on this project. I made this a few weeks ago and never got around to filming it ...I really have learnt a lesson there. I do feel the retirement list real will sell its self with the amazing offers so me pushing it seems fruitless. Please do go over and make sure you haven't missed out on something you love which won't be available come June.

So this box is quite large... I personally need things to be useful to tiny boxes which serve no real purpose aren't my thing so in total this box measures 6.5 x 4.5 x 1.5" a nice size. It opens like a book once the ribbons are untied. I layered the lid, bottom and spine to make it more sturdy and it could carry a whole host of things from cards to photos. I used doilies inked with blushing bride, layering
overs dies and so in love stamp set to decorate the front. The colours used throughout are Verry vanilla and Blushing Bride which go together beautifully.

 As you can see when open the inside box frame is attached to the front cover again this gives more stability to the spine area. The inside of the lid was re enforced too and at the same time this covers the start of the ribbon s used as a closure.

 I mat and layered the spine for strength and to look fancy. I embellished with pearls underneath each is a 1/2" circle of contrasting card for a nice finish

I carried the decoration to the back again using doilies cut into four which had been inked with blushing bride. I think its gives a really lovely look.

So I later filmed the project do you can follow along by watching here click the photo below :-

Happy stampin xxx Amanda


                                        

measurements:-

Cover :- 10 1/2 x 6 1/2 " score at 4 1/2 and 6" on the long side

Box :- 9 x 7 1/4" score on long side score at 1 1/2" on all four sides.

attach box to inside of the cover .... layer front and rear and inside of lid with card stock cut at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4" remember to adhere ribbon before layering, layer spine with card cut at 1 1/4 x 6 1/4"

hope you enjoy this box and give it a try .... happy stampin xx Amanda

10 comments:

  1. Love this box! Love the size and the colours you have chosen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely giving this box a try!!! Love the size of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this box, but bit do difficult for me, but would love to see what others come up with, gosh Amanda you keep me in awe of you, such talent xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not difficult at all Cath honest ...I will do a video in the week hun x

      Delete
  4. Have you made a vid of this one, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to make this one, but I can't understand the measurements for the scoring of the box,

    I think I wil have to wait for the video you mentioned . :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, Thanks for the video I have made this box some time back but watched to listen to your accent. I left Yorkshire to live in the USA in 1964. I visit my family every year in York, where are you from? I want to get my niece into card making if you are any where close.

    ReplyDelete